A precondition for foreign investments is a competitive business ambient, as well as providing information on the potentials for development of our city. Aiming to improve the economic ambient which would create conditions for faster development in economy, the local city administration provides financial and institutional support.
• Local Administration Services
The city of Trebinje has realized a great number of services through opening the following centres:
– Citizen Service Centre which provides a fast and efficient service where citizens, at one place, as soon as possible, can solve the request sent to the City Administrative Service. All guides through the City Administrative Service are here on disposal, as well as forms needed for the implementation of citizens’ rights. The Citizen Service Centre has a post office counter so, right on the spot, a citizen can make all necessary payments (taxes), related to solving the request and implementing rights.
– Centre for permission in the area of construction and entrepreneurship, with the goal of shortening the procedure of getting different kinds of permits for construction (deadline 30 days for complete and clean documentation) or registration of facilities (deadline 1-3 days for complete documentation)
– Inspection and services of the Communal Police
• Available business institutions:
1.TREBINJE DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
Founded with the goal of creating conditions and providing support for the development of small and medium sized enterprises(SME) and their qualitative engagement in economic and financial flows (help with starting business), through the following activities:
– Stimulating foundation, management and development of micro, small and medium sized enterprises, giving help, advices and information, training and consulting services.
Agency should take the leading role in the development of service market for SME, to gain trust of clients by developing quality services.
Priorities in the Agency are as follows:
– Making and implementing of development projects
– Providing legal and consulting services to its clients
– Promotion of entrepreneurship on the territory of the City of Trebinje
– Organizing educational events for potential and existing entrepreneurs
2.Business zone Volujac (area of 85 hectare) is a location for construction of economic capacities, determined by the „Zoning plan Volujac“ about 20 years ago. It is located 4 km from the city centre on the main road M20 – towards Dubrovnik, on the right – Substation 35/10 kB, water infrastructure built (diameter of pipes 100 mm, capacity that does not need complex technological processes), canalization can not be connected to the city network, another solution must be found, access road to Volujac: 1 km of the asphalted road, ownership of the land: 55% state and 45% private owners (expropriation possible). Currently, five companies are located in the zone. Distance of the zone from the main road is 1 km, from the railroad 70 km, from the sea port 30 km, from the airport 45 km.
Programs aimed at economic development and strengthening of the economy
1.Public call to employers and unemployed persons to use funds for employment and self-employment of target categories in economy in 2020
The City of Trebinje and the RS Employment Bureau, within the “Program of Support to Partnership in the Implementation of Active Employment and Self-Employment Policies with Local Communities”, are implementing the “Employment and Self-Employment Program of Target Categories in the Economy in 2020”.
The Program envisages employment and self-employment of 30 persons from the target group of the Program, who are looking for employment and are registered in the records of the Bureau.
The Public call contains two components: financing of employment with employers of persons from the target group of the Program and financing of self-employment of persons from the target group of the Program.
2. Public call for granting subsidies to business entities whose work is banned due to the pandemic of a new corona virus (COVID-19) and taxes to taxicarriers in the area of Trebinje city
The subject of this Public call is the granting of subsidies to business entities in the amount of: utility tax, utility charge and payment of rental fee tolessees of business premises who are in contractual relationship with the City of Trebinje, based on the commercial lease agreement.The Public call refers to business entities whose headquarters are in the territory of Trebinje city to whom the operation is banned due to thepandemic of a new corona virus by acts of the Republic headquarters for emergencies and/or City headquarters for emergencies, in accordance with the predominant activity.
3. Public call to employers from a public sector whose headquarters are in Trebinje for the use of financial means (subsidies) provided by the City of Trebinjeto persons with higher education and university degree for performing volunteer work
The aim of this Public call is professional training (volunteer work) of persons with higher education and university degree in order to take the appropriate professional exam thus raising the level of competitiveness of these persons with the aim of permanent employment what will result in a reduction of the number of unemployed. The funds are non-refundable and have the character of a subsidy.
Economic events and projects
1.Fair of Honey and wine “ Trebinje
Traditional manifestation „ Fair of Honey and Wine“ Trebinje held since 2007 within the Transfiguration celebration and Patron Saint of the City of Trebinje. The organizer of this manifestation is the Agrarian Fund of the City in cooperation with the Beekeepers cooperative „ Žalfija“ and Association of the beekeepers „ Leotar“ under the patronage of the City of Trebinje.That occasion, in one place brings togetherboth a large number of local exhibitors and exhibitors from the region of Bosnia, Serbia, Montenegro, Croatia. Our exhibitors are beekeepers, beekeepers equipment producers, producers of natural cosmetics based on the honey and other bee products.Also, an important participant of the fair is the Association of the Winemakers and Winegrowers„ Vinos“ Trebinje that brings together grape growers and producers of the high-quality wines. Traditionally, the first stand is made of rich table of the Herzegovinian local specialities, prosciutto, cheese , olive where all visitors can taste presented delicacies, tastevarious types of wine and specific local products. The Fair is organized in Dučić street , which is the center of the event of Transfiguration celebration. Since 2018 award of the plaque for „the best decorated stand“ and „ the stand with the most various offer of the bee products“ has been introduced.
Beekeepers cooperative „ Žalfija“ and Association of the beekeepers „ Leotar“ have an important role in organization of the fairin order to animate its cooperative farmers and members, for a massive participation at the fair..
On the second day of the fair, since 2015, in addition to exhibitors, Chamber of Commerce of the RS and the Regional Chamber of Commerce Trebinje joined the event , with the manifestation „Caravan of the local products“ within the project „ Ours is better“ in order to promote local products. In the context of this event , business entities and small entrepreneurs from the entire RS , exhibit their rich assortment of food , where tasting of food is always mandatory.Exhibitors come from Banja Luka, Gradiška, Prijedor, Prnjavor, Kozarska Dubica, Nevesinje, Bileća, Ljubinja and other cities of the Republic of Srpska.
2. „Herceg fest“
„ Herceg fest“ event Trebinje was established in 2019 in order to become a tradition. It takes place on the 25th of May. Exhibitors are cooperators of the Agrarian Fund who launch their products via Herzeg house. This fair has the role of , in addition to promoting local agricultural products, marking the beginning and opening of the tourist season of our city. The organizer of this event is Agrarian Fund of the City of Trebinje in cooperation with the Tourist organization of the City , under the patronage of the City of Trebinje.
The City of Trebinje is open for projects applied to European institutions and funds, so far Trebinje has participated and implemented a series of international projects and few projects are yet in progress. Some of them are:
- “CROSS-BORDER ENVIRONMENTAL INITIATIVE”
The project aims to strengthen the capacity of institutions dealing with environmental protection and informing the population about the importance of improving the management system of solid waste and harmonization with European Union standards in this area.
The location of the project includes the municipality of Nikšić and the City of Trebinje.
The project implementation started on 1 December 2020 and it is envisaged to last for 30 months.
The total project value is € 584,681.00, whereof the European Union’s contribution is almost€ 317,000.
The value of the project for the City of Trebinje is €177,820.00, whereof the European Union finances € 96,361.23. Co-financing in the amount of €81,459 was provided by the City of Trebinje.
The project “Flood & Fire” aims to improve flood and fire protection systems in the cross-border area of Herceg Novi, Trebinje, Ravno and Konavle.
The location of the project implementation is in the above-mentioned municipalities.
The project implementation started on 15 August 2020 and it is envisaged to last for 24 months.
The total project value is €1, 851, 353, whereof the European Union ’s contribution is € 1, 573, 650.05.
The value of the project for the City of Trebinje is €369,246.00,whereof the European Union finances € 313, 859. 10. Co-financing in the amount of €55,386.90 was provided by the City of Trebinje.
3. Project euPOLIS – new technologies to a healthier environment
International project euPolis funded by Horizon 2020 and coordinated by the National Technical University of Athens, connecting the knowledge and experience of 28 partner organizations from around the world. The goal of the euPOLIS project is urban planning inspired by natural solutions to improve the health and well-being of citizens.In this team the City of Trebinje is recognized as one of the five “follower” cities, and its task is to replicate and implement euPOLIS solutions.
The value of the project is ε11,170, 720.25.
Why invest in Trebinje
Position, climate and natural resources are basic development potentials of Trebinje.
Reasons for investing in Trebinje are many:
- Favourable geographical position: border of three countries
- Mediterranean climate – suitable for groining all kinds of Mediterranean cultures
- Significant natural resources: hydro potential and sun energy (over 260 sunny days a year)
- Unpolluted agricultural land (especially the possibility for producing organic food).The city area has three arable fields: Trebinjsko, Ljubomirsko and Popovo field.
- Area especially suitable for production of honey, wine, tobacco and aromatic herbs. It is known by its high-quality herbs that are used in the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industry.
- Possibility of irrigation, arable areas over 90%
- Rich touristic resources: luxurious and preserved nature, cultural and historical monuments, religious objects, traditional cultural events
One of development directions is investing in the area of education and science. The city has 4 elementary schools, 4 high schools and 3 faculties (Faculty for production and management, Faculty for tourism and hotel management and Academy of Fine Arts) with the purpose to develop into a University Centre. Also, there are two agencies for learning foreign languages in the city area.
It is a nice place for work and life: rich cultural heritage, many natural beauties, traditional food, rich cultural life, good traffic connectivity etc.