A precondition for foreign investments is a competitive business ambient, as well as providing information on the potentials for development of our city. Aiming to improve the economic ambient which would create conditions for faster development in economy, the local city administration provides financial and institutional support.
• Local Administration Services
The city of Trebinje has realized a great number of services through opening the following centres:
– Citizen Service Centre which provides a fast and efficient service where citizens, at one place, as soon as possible, can solve the request sent to the City Administrative Service. All guides through the City Administrative Service are here on disposal, as well as forms needed for the implementation of citizens’ rights. The Citizen Service Centre has a post office counter so, right on the spot, a citizen can make all necessary payments (taxes), related to solving the request and implementing rights.
Contact person: Dejan Janković
Telephone: 059 273-460, 059 273-473
– Centre for permission in the area of construction and entrepreneurship, with the goal of shortening the procedure of getting different kinds of permits for construction (deadline 30 days for complete and clean documentation) or registration of facilities (deadline 1-3 days for complete documentation)
Contact person: Savo Setenčić
Telephone: 059 273-460, 059 273-473
– Citizens’office– the aim of the office is to further improve communication between citizens, relevant departments and public institutions.
Contact person: Slavenko Lakić
Telephone: 059 273 460, 059 274 400
– Office for Entrepreneurship – the goal and focus of the office is to help already registered entrepreneurs as well as the new independent entrepreneurs to register and provide informative and advisory approach.The desire (but also the obligation according to the BFC standard) of the City Administration is to enable the start of entrepreneurial activity within 24 hours from the moment of submitting the request for activityregistration.
Contact person: Jelena Milinić
Telephone: 059 273 460
– Inspection and services of the Communal Police
Within the Department of Inspection Affairs are performed inspection tasks in the field of trade of goods and services, agriculture, plant protection and freshwater fisheries, animal health protection and veterinary activities, transport, spatial planning and construction, environmental protection, human health care, sanitary protection and labor relations.
Within the department of the municipal police are performed tasks of the municipal-inspection supervision over the enforcement of the law, other regulations in the filed of utility and other activities, stipulated by the law on the municipal police.
Telephone: 059 273 361
• Available business institutions:
1.TREBINJE DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
Founded with the goal of creating conditions and providing support for the development of small and medium sized enterprises(SME) and their qualitative engagement in economic and financial flows (help with starting business), through the following activities:
– Stimulating foundation, management and development of micro, small and medium sized enterprises, giving help, advices and information, training and consulting services.
Agency should take the leading role in the development of service market for SME, to gain trust of clients by developing quality services.
Priorities in the Agency are as follows:
– Making and implementing of development projects
– Providing legal and consulting services to its clients
– Promotion of entrepreneurship on the territory of the City of Trebinje
– Organizing educational events for potential and existing entrepreneurs
2.Business zone Volujac (area of 85 hectare) is a location for construction of economic capacities, determined by the „Zoning plan Volujac“ about 20 years ago. It is located 4 km from the city centre on the main road M20 – towards Dubrovnik, on the right – Substation 35/10 kB, water infrastructure built (diameter of pipes 100 mm, capacity that does not need complex technological processes), canalization can not be connected to the city network, another solution must be found, access road to Volujac: 1 km of the asphalted road, ownership of the land:11 % City of Trebinje, 41% Republic of Srpska, 48% private subjects. Currently, six companies are located in the zone. Distance of the zone from the main road is 1 km, from the railroad 70 km, from the sea port 30 km, from the airport 45 km.
Programmes aimed at economic development and strengthening the economy
- Public invitation to unemployed persons for the use of funds for self-employment in 2023
The City of Trebinje has announced a public call for unemployed persons who are on the records of the Employment Bureau of the Republic of Srpska- branch office Trebinje, and who are interested in starting their own business, which includes the registration of a business entity in accordance with the Law. The target category for submitting applications for this call consists of unemployed persons who are on the records of the Employment Bureau-branch officeTrebinje before the announcement of the public call, as active job seekers. Funds approved under this Public Invitation are non-refundable and have the character of a subsidy. The subsidy is granted for self-employment in all activities except trade and catering, provided that the activity continues to be performed for at least 24 months from the day of signing the subsidy contract.
- Programme for the creation of new jobs – employment
The subject of this Programme is to provide incentives for the direct creation of new jobs in companies and independent entrepreneurs and to ensure a qualified labour force on the labour market and supporting the competitiveness of business entities.
The incentives are intended:
– companies and independent entrepreneurs who perform economic activity and are registered in the territory of the City of Trebinje, and separate business units of companies registered with the Registry Court in the City of Trebinje, and separate business units of independent entrepreneurs registered in the City of Trebinje, as a stimulant when opening new jobs.
Economic events and projects
1.Fair of Honey and wine “ Trebinje
Traditional manifestation „ Fair of Honey and Wine“ Trebinje held since 2007 within the Transfiguration celebration and Patron Saint of the City of Trebinje. The organizer of this manifestation is the Agrarian Fund of the City in cooperation with the Beekeepers cooperative „ Žalfija“ and Association of the beekeepers „ Leotar“ under the patronage of the City of Trebinje.That occasion, in one place brings togetherboth a large number of local exhibitors and exhibitors from the region of Bosnia, Serbia, Montenegro, Croatia. Our exhibitors are beekeepers, beekeepers equipment producers, producers of natural cosmetics based on the honey and other bee products.Also, an important participant of the fair is the Association of the Winemakers and Winegrowers„ Vinos“ Trebinje that brings together grape growers and producers of the high-quality wines. Traditionally, the first stand is made of rich table of the Herzegovinian local specialities, prosciutto, cheese , olive where all visitors can taste presented delicacies, tastevarious types of wine and specific local products. The Fair is organized in Dučić street , which is the center of the event of Transfiguration celebration. Since 2018 award of the plaque for „the best decorated stand“ and „ the stand with the most various offer of the bee products“ has been introduced.
Beekeepers cooperative „ Žalfija“ and Association of the beekeepers „ Leotar“ have an important role in organization of the fairin order to animate its cooperative farmers and members, for a massive participation at the fair..
On the second day of the fair, since 2015, in addition to exhibitors, Chamber of Commerce of the RS and the Regional Chamber of Commerce Trebinje joined the event , with the manifestation „Caravan of the local products“ within the project „ Ours is better“ in order to promote local products. In the context of this event , business entities and small entrepreneurs from the entire RS , exhibit their rich assortment of food , where tasting of food is always mandatory.Exhibitors come from Banja Luka, Gradiška, Prijedor, Prnjavor, Kozarska Dubica, Nevesinje, Bileća, Ljubinja and other cities of the Republic of Srpska.
2. „Herceg fest“
„ Herceg fest“ event Trebinje was established in 2019 in order to become a tradition. It takes place on the 25th of May. Exhibitors are cooperators of the Agrarian Fund who launch their products via Herzeg house. This fair has the role of , in addition to promoting local agricultural products, marking the beginning and opening of the tourist season of our city. The organizer of this event is Agrarian Fund of the City of Trebinje in cooperation with the Tourist organization of the City , under the patronage of the City of Trebinje.
The City of Trebinje is open for projects applied to European institutions and funds, so far Trebinje has participated and implemented a series of international projects and few projects are yet in progress. Some of them are:
- Project euPOLIS – new technologies to a healthier environment
International project euPolis funded by Horizon 2020 and coordinated by the National Technical University of Athens, connecting the knowledge and experience of 28 partner organizations from around the world. The goal of the euPOLIS project is urban planning inspired by natural solutions to improve the health and well-being of citizens.In this team the City of Trebinje is recognized as one of the five “follower” cities, and its task is to replicate and implement euPOLIS solutions.
The value of the project is ε11,170, 720.25.
- MEG- Municipal environmental management project
The goal of the project is to contribute to the further democratization of local administration in Bosnia and Herzegovina, as well as the introduction of more effective and efficient public services for citizens.
This is planned to be achieved through a policy dialogue on good local governance, together with regulatory improvements in water supply and wastewater management services, which will ultimately enable a more effective, equitable and sustainable provision of basic local services.
Donor: UNDP- Government of Switzerland
Project duration: 2021 – 2025.
- PIPLS – Analysis of property management practices at the LSGU level
The goal of the project – Providing technical support for the establishment of a system for the strategic management of public property, support for the purpose of optimizing public spending and increasing investment in capital investments and services defined in development strategies, improving internal control and practices and procedures for public procurement, and concrete intervention for the purpose of improving public services.
Project duration: 2021-2023
- Strengthening the role of local communities in Bosnia and Herzegovina (LC)
The general goal of the project is to improve the quality of life of the citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina through empowered, gender-responsive local communities (LC).
- LC as legitimate bodies: citizen-oriented, led by female leaders, reliable and more financially independent.
- Created financial foundations for successful LCs that have the strength, ambition, and creativity to transform local areas by mobilizing human capital and energy.
- Achieved connections between citizens and local self-government units.
- Changes in behaviour: citizens see LC as places where they gather to communicate and get involved, identify, and solve problems, submit their problems to local authorities, participate in planning, spending public money and make decisions that affect people’s lives.
- Changes of public policies that position the vision in the overall system framework.
Donor: „United Nations Development Programme “UNDP
Project duration: March 2020 – February 2024.
The goal of the project is to improve the sale of agricultural products, to improve the quality and safety of food that is brought to the market, and to provide better hygienic conditions of sales points. One new sales point for agricultural and food products will be established – the market.
Project duration: 2021 – 2023.
Why invest in Trebinje
Position, climate and natural resources are basic development potentials of Trebinje.
Reasons for investing in Trebinje are many:
- Favourable geographical position: border of three countries
- Mediterranean climate – suitable for groining all kinds of Mediterranean cultures
- Significant natural resources: hydro potential and sun energy (over 260 sunny days a year)
- Unpolluted agricultural land (especially the possibility for producing organic food).The city area has three arable fields: Trebinjsko, Ljubomirsko and Popovo field.
- Area especially suitable for production of honey, wine, tobacco and aromatic herbs. It is known by its high-quality herbs that are used in the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industry.
- Possibility of irrigation, arable areas over 90%
- Rich touristic resources: luxurious and preserved nature, cultural and historical monuments, religious objects, traditional cultural events
One of development directions is investing in the area of education and science. The city has 4 elementary schools, 4 high schools and 4 faculties (Faculty for production and management, Faculty for tourism and hotel management, Academy of Fine Arts and Faculty of Agriculture) with the purpose to develop into a University Centre. Also, there are two agencies for learning foreign languages in the city area.
It is a nice place for work and life: rich cultural heritage, many natural beauties, traditional food, rich cultural life, good traffic connectivity etc.